WhatImJamminOnTheiPod: The Awakening


Click to Download


Los Angelos native Omarion is no stranger to the music game. Going on almost 10 years experience, I don't think the industry has fully seen the capacity of music Omarion can present.

 The Awakening mixtape hosted by DJ Drama includes features from Lil Wayne, Red Cafe, Method Man, YG and more. He opens up with the Intro letting us know that this mixtape is an open book.

I must say I am not shocked at how great this mixtape turned out. I'm glad he finally showed off his rapping skills. He's been freestyling for the longest but he's never actually rapped on any of his studio albums (besides the What Are We Doing at the end of the 21 album). He still brings that bounce too because of course he's naturally a dancer. So I'm sure the clubs will be rocking this.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but some of my favorites are Beg featuring M$ney, Say No, and Forgot  About Love. It's dope that he featured his younger brother Sonnie Oryan (formally known as O'Ryan) on the Clap Yo Hands track. Haven't heard from him in awhile. I'm guessing he may be bringing some new music soon too?

Overall I give this mixtape 5 out of 5 strawberries for a good straight through listen and universal for the club, the car, or even if you just trying to chill. The ladies will love it for its sex appeal and smooth melodies. Fellas will rock with it for the groove of the beats and the style it brings. Great work and nice art. I think it's good Omarion is starting to let loose.




For more on Omarion, check out:
Website
Twitter
YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts