Strawberry Tease: MMs Edition: Beyonce Girls (Who Run The World)

Music Monday - Girls (Who Rule The World)
On Thursday, a snippet of the track leaked. It's a feisty club-thumper about the power of being female produced by DiploThe video has not dropped yet, but a few photos and song snippets have.



In the new photos, Beyoncé stands in a smoky, post-apocalyptic war zone, wearing an elaborate headdress and holding a battle flag aloft (and it sure looks like said flag is emblazoned with a big "B"). She's surrounded by an army of dancers, each of whom is dressed in what could charitably be called "Les Misérables" chic, their fists thrust triumphantly in the air.

It's not exactly clear if the photos are taken from the set of "Girl" or, as some reports suggest, they're from 
another video shoot, supposedly for a song called "'Till the End of the World." Regardless, Beyoncé is clearly up to something, and her flurry of activity only lends credence to a report in Australia's The Daily Telegraph that she'll be releasing the follow-up to her massive I Am ... Sasha Fierce in late June.


When asked about the track, Beyonce said "Well, I wouldn't say I'm inventing a new genre," Beyoncé explained. "I'm mixing every type of genre that I love, and I'm inspired by every type of genre. ... I'm not in a box. It's not R&B. It's not typically pop. It's not rock. It's just everything I love all mixed together in my own little gumbo of music." 


--via MTV

Girls (Who Run The World) by sharmonjarmon



 


When MTV News last spoke to Beyoncé, she told us she was aiming to bust barriers with the new album, proclaiming that she was drawing inspiration from "every type of genre."

Comments

Popular Posts