WhatImJamminOnTheiPod: Un-Invited Guest

Click to Download
It's finally arrived! The anticipated mixtape from LA's own Kevin McCall is finally out and just in time to spice up your Valentine's Day.

We've seen what he can do on the producing and writing tip with the tree mixtapes he worked on with Chris Brown [In My Zone 1, Fan of a Fan, & In My Zone 2] one of which (Fan of a Fan) even brought the Grammy nomination for the year's most played breakup track "Deuces". Now McCall is taking a break from being in the shadows of Brown and dropping some music of his own.

The Uninvited Guest mixtape gives you that party feel but still has some smooth ballads and pop records to soot all ears. My favorites are Touch You, smooth yet still hard hitting and F*ck You, Pay Me-he goes HARD in the bars on this track. The mixtape is very comical in the sense that it's basically comes at the game saying "you hated on me, but now on here still uninvited, hence the title.

Overall I give the mixtape 4 1/2 out of 5 strawberries for being a DOPEASS mixtape yet what took away points is because I feel like I heard this before from McCall. Although he's doing he's own thing, it's very similar to how he structured the Chris Brown tapes he produced and wrote on. Other than that, great listen.






Comments

Popular Posts