WhatImJamminOnTheiPod: Roper


So this guy name Roper Rope on Twitter hit me and said check out his mixtape. Now normally I'm not quick to check out random mixtapes. But when someone hits me up, I try and give them the chance and hear them out because they might be good.

This is one mixtape I'm glad I took a listen to. Although his style is not completely original on the tracks, his style is dope. The original songs he did have on the tape were dope and I can definitely see DJs blasting this at college or club parties.

His flow is similar to that of Tyga from Young Money mixed with some Wiz Khalifia, mixed with the bounce of Souljah Boy Tell'Em.

Out the gate, I will give this mixtape 3 out of 5 strawberries for being something I will actually put on my iPod for HYPENESS. He almost got 4 but I need to hear a few more original tracks to see what kind of artist he is. I would just suggest next mixtape, bring that straight Roper originality. I can tell he has it, just wasn't shown enough in this mixtapes. Also, it's alot of bitch and ho references. Remember, chicks are quicker to become fans than guys, so try not to be so offensive.


Comments

Popular Posts