WhatImJamminOnTheiPod: Its Only An EP



Tru Legends own D. Son has finally dropped some new music for the fans who've been waiting patiently for the release of his new album. Representing for South Eastside of Chicago, D. Son has only been in the game for a year; but his short time span has no comparison to the crushing impact he has made in Chicago and the Hip Hop arena.

One performance outstood the rest for D. Son who landed an Island Def Jam Digital Distribution deal, and since than Tru Legends and D. Son has been taking their music to the next level. D. Son has been a featured artist monthly at the Paris Cafe' in Chicago and when asked about what it feels like to perform his music in front of crowds he said, "I love the attention and the power pf having an entire venue in the palm of my hand. Let's just say I really believe that I am the 'MASTER OF THE CEREMONY'."


His album Legend In The Making was set to release in October, but due to a few mishaps the album had to be pushed back and is expected to drop early 2011. Nonetheless, D.Son provided us with a taste of what we can expect on the album. You can hear his influences of Jay-Z, Rakim, and Slaughterhouse in his choice of music, with the flow of Eminem and KRS-One.


Nonetheless he still brings his own persona to the music, that gives him enough edge to say he's an emcee. “I like to consider myself the perfect blend, he said. I stand out becasue I've molded my own style which I feel allows me to reach out to any and all listeners."


Overall I would give this mixtape a 3 1/2 out of 5 strawberries for style with an old school hip-hop feel yet connects to any generation. I didn't give it a full four strawberries because I feel like D. Son is holding back on this EP. Plus there wasn't much original music which made it feel more like a mixtape than a prelude to the album. I feel like D should drop a few more original tracks fro the listeners to hear his sound because anybody can rap over an instrumental, but making orginal music is different. Can't wait to see what D. Son brings next.




Here's a sneak of the EP dropping NEW YEAR'S DAY 1-1-11!!





PREVIOUS WORKS:

“SUMMER OF SON”: JUNE 2009
“BEST KEPT SECRET” VOL. 1: NOVEMBER OF 2009
“INDUSTRY TAKEOVA” VOL: MARCH OF 2010

For more on D. SON, Check out:




Comments

Popular Posts