Sesame Street Gone Racist?


Sesame Street recently aired a new song and video on PBS entitled “I Love My Hair.”The music video teaches pre-schoolers and kindergartners (particularly black girls), about the importance and value of loving their natural hair. 


Is it just me or is Sesame getting more and more controversial each episode. First it was the whole Katy Perry looking too sexual in her green blouse and now their teaching kids to love their "hair"?


Now don't get me wrong, it's great they are motivating young kids. But it still seems a little racist to me, one being that the main target is African American children. Yes, most blacks wear weave but we are not the only race that doesn't like are natural hair.


I don't know but at first mention, this kind of offended me as a black woman. But maybe I'm just overreacting. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts