Black History Month: Cast Picked for TLC Bio pic

                                     Meet your new cast of the VH1 TLC bio-pic!


As announce this past Monday on vulture.com, rapper and host Lil Mama (America's Best Dance Crew) will be playing the fiery Left Eye, actress and singer KeKe Palmer (Akeelah and the Bee) will be playing Chili, and Drew Sidora (Step Up, The Game) will be playing T-Boz.

It has been said that both T-Boz and Chili will be on set during filming and are co-executive producing the film. I don't think it will be hard to convey this amazing story with these ladies on set; Especially since Kate Lanier (What's Love Got to Do With It, Set It Off) will be directing the film.

Of course the announcement brought forth both good and bad criticism. For example, some critics felt KeKe Palmer didn't have enough "baby hair" to play the Chili role. But she took as a good sport and responded via her Twitter

 “People kill me, I don’t remember Angela Bassett looking ANYTHING like Tina Turner. And she RIPPED that role, ✌ People need to realize that movies aren’t casted by people looking like who they’re playing. They’re casted by who can do the role.I don’t know about you, but I would much rather see a movie that is well acted, then a movie with a bunch of look a like’s. Cause Ben Affleck isn’t even Hispanic, but the man he played in Argo IS.I shouldn’t play the part because my baby hair isn’t the perfect texture? Goodnight Twitter, goodnight.Okay, I just got snappy lol now I really need to get off this negativity warp. I spoke my mind! God is good!"

I'm honestly excited about this film. I grew up on TLC so it will be interesting to watch these ladies transform into the hip hop divas from the 90s.

Comments

Popular Posts