WhatImJamminOnTheiPod: Your Gonna Be Famous

Click to Download


 Iranian/American Emcee from Chicago Bizhan Biz Shahpar  aka Biz is a rap artist who is definitely underestimated and the underdog in the music scene. The first time I heard him rhyme was at Mixtape Tuesdayz Open Mic and I only heard his voice at first. I'm like "YO! this guy's DOPE!"  Than i saw he's appearance and was even more impressed. Yes, I know the whole " wack white-rapper" stereotype was broken with emcees like The Beastie Boys, Eminem and Asher Roth but sometimes, you get skeptical when its just one white emcee in a crowd of mostly blacks.


But Biz held his own ground and came with it! His music is rap with a conscious flow and he says his flow is  "Hip Hop with purpose but something that still bumps." 


His Your Gonna Be Famous mixtape gives me that old school Dre & Snoop in the 90s feel.  It's "rider" music and he still reps Chicago to the fullest in his rhymes. Overall I give the mixtape 3 1/2 out of 5 strawberries for dope lyrics but monotone pace. 


I feel like his lyrics are real and I can feel him. I can see people playing this while they study or they riding. It's music you think to.  I say it's monotone  because all of the beats have somewhat of a mellow pace; there's no up and down to the tape. Overall, its dope as hell. Definitely worth the download.




For more on Biz, Check out:

Comments

Popular Posts